Greetings Adventurers! On Thursday, 3/28 a patch with a new PvE experience, Mistvane Shrine, and many adjustments to Archos will be deployed. After the deployment of this patch, we’ll be focusing our efforts on bugs still plaguing Archos, and the overall balance of Dark and Light. Be sure to check out of all of the changes made to Dark and Light in the full patch notes below!
Mistvane Shrine is a jail that was created by the Gods to contain terrible creatures that could not be controlled. The shrine was sealed in the sky above the Floating Islands and hidden in dense fog in hopes that it would never be found. For daring Adventurers that wish to take on these terrors, they’ll have to transfer to Mistvane Shrine using the conveyor system hidden in the Floating Islands.
Qinaryss Gustclaw is the sole descendant of a tribe known by legend as the "Galeriders", a band of powerful harpies who were responsible for gathering the wind magic to give rise to Mistvane Shrine. Qinaryss Gustclaw is over five centuries old and, since birth, has bathed in the concentrated magic of the temple. She is able to project her voice, causing Adventurers to become disoriented or even blackout. She is a truly dangerous foe, and will stop at nothing to defend her domain against any intruding Adventurers.
An enchanted familiar of Qinaryss Gustclaw. This reptilian minion thrives in the wind and can conjure strong healing magic. It is the key to Qinaryss Gustclaw's cursed long life. Bred to be submissive, the Fey Dragon may hunt for a new master should anything happen to its current one.
New Equipment - Cloudburst Armor and Stormbreaker Glaive
After defeating Qinaryss Adventurers will be able to forge with materials once thought to be long lost. These materials will allow the construction of the Cloudburst Armor Set and the Stormbreaker Glaive.
- Stormbreaker Glaive - Attacking with this spear will charge the weapon leading to a devastating power attack.
- Cloudburst Armor - Donning a full set of this will allow Adventurers to glide with wings of their very own, controlling their falls and assisting in the navigation of Archos.
- Fixed an issue where players were falling through ceilings after death.
- Fixed an issue where Dark Magic Knowledge was getting stuck.
Single Player Fixes
- Fixed an issue where game progress was not saved after exiting Dark and Light.
- Fixed an issue where starting a single player game would kick players back to the main menu.
- Taming non-elementals will now provide Riding and Taming Knowledge.
- House Healing Flag now requires Frost Essence to Craft.
- Optimized the spell effects for Rune of Warmth, Rune of Light, and Rune of Restoration.
- Renamed NPCs that had the same name.
- Optimized and reduced lag when collecting resources in the Wheat Field.
- Optimized running for Male Adventurers so they are less hunched over.
- Fixed a bug where Adventurers that were shapeshifted into a Yeti were able to damage any structure type.
- Fixed a bug where The Searing Edge was able to deal damage to manor structures.
- Fixed a bug where the Frost Dragon’s breath attack was able to deal damage to Iron and Manor Structures.
- Fixed a bug where creatures couldn't be looted in Blackice Peaks.
- Fixed a bug with the Ice Minion’s eye visual effects.
- Fixed a bug where Frozen Crystal Ore is invisible in Blackice Peaks.
- Fixed a bug where Adventurers would get stuck in the terrain after using Bel'Xahl's Portal.
- Fixed a bug where Adventurer's head is smaller than it actually is in character creation screen.
- Fixed a bug where there were gaps in between Manor Ceiling pieces.
- Fixed a bug where Goblin Ballistas weren’t able to be placed.
- Fixed a bug where vegetation around Archos would sometimes float in midair.
- Fixed a bug where painted creatures wouldn’t be painted in creature inventory portrait.
- Fixed a bug where Adventurers would logout standing.
- Fixed a bug where NPC's clothing was clipping.